SWTCC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 2009!!!

5 posters

Go down

Season 2009!!! Empty Season 2009!!!

Post by gmcintyre87 Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:24 pm

What a year of racing, with new track records being set and beaten, record entries and several number of people finding there limit very quickly *cough cough*

I think its great to see the big juniors field that we have at the moment, and with Elliot Chambers being regraded out of juniors next season, i think it will be a great class of racing.

Awsome job from everyone who kept the track in a race worthy condition, which i knwo has been a difficult job and hopefully next year once some new gravel is layed the track should hold up much better. Considering that there has been 50+ drivers at each event this year, thats over 1200 runs on the track, it held up pretty well!!!!

Was awsome to see Phil down there with the buggy, deffinaly brought something new to the club and deffinatly exciting to watch as a spectator, was a shame that he dnf'd it yesterday. After seeing it on the track yesterday, i think it would be good to see a few more buggys down there, as long as they have mudflaps cause phils mudflaps worked great.

Great to see the canteen doing so well at each event, excellent job from the Hendrys, the only problem with having such good food, is having to line up behind the massive line!!!!

My highlight of the year will be the competition with rosco, and watching some great talent findin there ropes in the junior class. Well done Elliot on a convincing win at each event this year, i told you we would be tossing times with in a few years (if rosco's reading this - make sure elliot and i race each other next year) hahah

So people ive given my opinion on the season, so lets hear what you have to say!!!!!
gmcintyre87
gmcintyre87
My Wife Is My Car
My Wife Is My Car

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Season 2009!!! Empty Re: Season 2009!!!

Post by Rosco Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:03 am

Yeah, Pretty well summed up Glen. The high for me was the close competition between us, the low being only 3 or 4 in grade 1. Juniors is what its all about, if we can keep them coming back, & more coming in the future will be good. All in all it was a bloody good year.

You might have to speak to Ron about match ups for next year.....

Hopefully next year the cars will be better presented & in race condition, we don't enjoy sending people home coz their cars simply aren't safe. So 6 months to fix them people. Read your CAMS manual :Speed events to see the requirements for your car.

Looking forward to a faster year in 2010.
Rosco
Rosco
I eat dirt
I eat dirt

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by sal85 Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:12 am

wasnt there for the whole season but loved the time i was. Saturday's racing was awesome!!! loved getting out on the smooth track once it had been graded etc, made a huge difference, and got my 4 best times ever so i was stoked!!!

Thanks to everyone who helped us out this year, hopefully we will be a little more organised and have a better idea of whats going on for next season. Hopefully some rally tyres will be our upgrade for the new season, then ill have to get used to driving with grip, ha ha ha

sal85
Dirt Lover
Dirt Lover

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by grasshopper Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:04 pm

I agree it was a great season apart from the last race when my motor decided it know longer needed a valve and a piston or a head but I picked up a 2tgeu today will start fitting Wednesday apart from that all went well and we should all thank Seane and Deb Stone from Bunbury Ultra tune for the Great trophies shame I missed out, dont forget there is a Motorkhana on the 28th of November.

grasshopper
Living Sideways
Living Sideways

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by gmcintyre87 Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:18 pm

oh so that head pics u sent me were from ur motor? wow i will get them on here tonigth if i get a chance, thats crazy!!
gmcintyre87
gmcintyre87
My Wife Is My Car
My Wife Is My Car

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Season 2009!!! Empty Stuffed up

Post by je26wa Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:15 pm

I am really not very good at these forums . I made a spelling mistake then some how posted it twice . Then i tried to delete it but it wont let me unless i enter a message so here it is . Big thanks to ULTRA TUNE BUNBURY cheers

Jezza

Last edited by je26wa on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
je26wa
je26wa
L Plates
L Plates

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

Season 2009!!! Empty 2009 Season review

Post by je26wa Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:20 pm

Hi All

My season had its highs and lows , the lows don't need to be talked about Embarassed but the highs will have to keep me going till the start of next season . I took the car off the trailer the other day and had to do a few laps of the front yard befor i put it away and i was imediately thinking of 2010 and all the things i have to do over the break to get her ready tear up the tack again . My first season of auto X after way too many years as a spectator left me with a grin from ear to ear and it was great to share it with so many friendly and helpfull people along the way . The big highlites for me were the Motorkhana and the night event , dualing with Ben Lawrance ( Orange 1600 ) capped off a great year .
To turn a negative into a positive , the restoration of the 1600 after the little trip on the wild side was in a way very satisfying and even though there is a few panel missalignment issues the car is probably in better nick now than when i bought it .
The track on saturday night was great and if we ( give me a shovel and a wheel barrow ) car work to get the track in a state where we can maintain close to that all year it can only make the experience more pleasureable .

Can't wait for 20 10 .
Bring it on

Jezza Very Happy
je26wa
je26wa
L Plates
L Plates

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content