SWTCC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ahhhhhhhhhhh damn test and tune day!!!!

4 posters

Go down

ahhhhhhhhhhh damn test and tune day!!!! Empty ahhhhhhhhhhh damn test and tune day!!!!

Post by gmcintyre87 Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:56 pm

Ok so i got my hands on a set of mirage coil overs, so i was seeing if there gonna fit. so i pulled the rhf wheel of and the lower eye bolts out the strut, next thing the whole strut falls out.... the strut and the strut top where seperated, the dampener rubber was split in 2, so thats the first look. so i pull the top out and i wobble the lower control arm cause its lookin wierd, haha its loose for 1, and secondly it has a bent in it!!! so now i move to the engine, theres a power steering line blowen and fluide everywhere, the wires for the crank andgle sensor (well a sensor around there coulndnt see in the dark) must have been caught in the belt and ripped them off, so i press on the belt and the belt is loose as anything, and the altenator is moving abotu 10mm hahah.. so now i know why the wind screen cracked, there was no dampening from the strut tops!!! ahhhhhhhh i hate cars!!!! and it looks like the coil overs arnt gonna fit.... far out...[img]ahhhhhhhhhhh damn test and tune day!!!! Photo011[/img][img]ahhhhhhhhhhh damn test and tune day!!!! Photo012[/img]
gmcintyre87
gmcintyre87
My Wife Is My Car
My Wife Is My Car

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

ahhhhhhhhhhh damn test and tune day!!!! Empty Re: ahhhhhhhhhhh damn test and tune day!!!!

Post by grasshopper Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:20 pm

Better to get these problems out the way at a test and tune day rather than race day, the track will be a vast improvment on race day after the work Gary and the boy carried out today.

grasshopper
Living Sideways
Living Sideways

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

ahhhhhhhhhhh damn test and tune day!!!! Empty Re: ahhhhhhhhhhh damn test and tune day!!!!

Post by T&T Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:55 am

maybe time for some custom alloy control arms and 60mm proflex
T&T
T&T
L Plates
L Plates

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by T&T Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:17 am

hi Glen just been having a quick look on excelrally.com and they mention that lancer struts will fit into excels. when i first got my wrx it had KYB AGX struts in it these are quite a cheap alternative that work well and also have bump adjustment. they dont sell them for excels but they sell them for lancers. Remember suspension is probably the most important part of a car and can make a huge difference to lap times
T&T
T&T
L Plates
L Plates

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosco Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:11 am

You can get a whole Excel for the price of a set of struts Razz As Mark said, suspension IS everything. So get to it boy. The Datto is straight (enough) again. Built tough back in the sixties!!! sunny
Rosco
Rosco
I eat dirt
I eat dirt

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by gmcintyre87 Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:19 am

yer your right mark, i got hold of a set of ce miargae/langer coil overs with adjustable rebound and height, but there not bolt in, im gettin some tops made up this week and i need to get the rears modified as the early lancers used multilink rears and the excel used indepentant so i need ears welded on to the rears, no biggy.
gmcintyre87
gmcintyre87
My Wife Is My Car
My Wife Is My Car

Back to top Go down

Post by T&T Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:29 am

Are you going to put your sway bars back on ?
T&T
T&T
L Plates
L Plates

Back to top Go down

Post by gmcintyre87 Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:07 am

yer i will be putting the front back in as last year i ran with the front and no rear, and it handled much better. was way to tail happy last weekedn with no bars. i might even chuck them both back on if im puttin the coil overs in, and just disconect them at teh first event if im not happy ay.
gmcintyre87
gmcintyre87
My Wife Is My Car
My Wife Is My Car

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down